Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dallas' Big Birthday Bash






So Mr. Dallas turned 30 this last month on July 21st!!! I was really happy for him. He was really antisipating this birthday. I think that he was more depressed about turning thirty than anyone I have ever known. It started when he turned 28. More than 2 years ago (can you believe it). He starting thinking about all those lofty goals he set so long ago when the world beamed bright and the stars danced in his favor. He started to work hard at actually achieving all those goals. Good for him, I thought. But mostly it was just a bumpy ride of trial and failure for him. Then at birthday 29, I started to realize we were in for some real trouble if Dallas didn't achieve all those goals. This was something that was pretty important to him and meant something deep down. It wasn't something that would just brush off his shoulders. Which is a really good quality to have in a person. He again rededicated himself to be something that he wanted to be by his next birhtday. But the stars just never seemed to match up quite in his favor. I have to pause right here and let him know that I think the world of him and when I see all that he is, the stars dance in my eyes. What a love story.

Just a short while before the big 30 birthday he was laid off from his job and felt like the scum that lives at the bottom of the swamp lands. I can kinda understand. The details of this story would just rub vinegar in the wound, so we try to forget them. Now, almost 3 months later, and still no job, we pray and we fast.

So I wanted to include some great pics of how happy he was to play in his new pool!!! Joking. Actually the truth is that Dallas has to climb in the tiny baby pool most days for Royce to actually play and enjoy himself. What a great dad, even on his big 30 B-day. I know that Dallas is amazing anyway becasue he can still be such a great guy even when things don't work the way he planned or intended.

6 comments:

  1. What a great dad. Happy late birthday. Sorry I couldn't buy the house for you! And, Bethany, thank you for doing this! It is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog! I'm sure things will start looking up for you guys shortly. That was some bash you threw for Dallas! How come we weren't invited? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the 30s Dallas - channel that feeling of time running away from you.

    We should buy a bucket, fill it with rocks, fill that little swimming pool you have with water, and leave it with Royce and Olle at grandmas. I bet that'd keep those boys busy for weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude. You don't belong in the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big D- At thrity you are more than a third of the way dead! I am basically 1/2 dead now. Life only gets more and more fun. Jade

    ReplyDelete