Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Time To Say Goodbye

It was easy not to shed a tear. The picture says it all. Who would be sad to let this thing go? But it has been hard for Dallas cause it was given to him and it was his grandfather's. Grandpa Floyd Reed's to be exact. We replaced it FINALLY with a nice new one this weekend for Father's Day! I just thought I should give a little ode to the poor grill before we never think or see of it again. 
Dallas and I don't think about our grandparents much. Both of ours have been gone for a long time. It is nice to know that you have something that once was used by someone in your family of a different era. So if you couldn't tell right away what it is, it is a grill that I am sure is older than both Dallas and I and worked great for the first 5 years of our marriage. It does look like it has been through a couple of fires or something, but we are sad to see some of the only things we have from our grandparents go. I will say I am proud that I finally convinced Dallas that it was time to have something a little easier to work with. I am still scared of the sad little grill!
GoodBYE

1 comment:

  1. That grill has certainly paid its dues. I think dad got it about 25 years ago...or more. After he moved to St George. I am glad you had it, it was ok for a while but we know it wasn't a great thing. Just got you past the beginning part of marriage. Thanks for the picture...I surely think of my dad when I see it.

    ReplyDelete